What is the Psychology Clinic?
The Psychology Clinic is a training, service, and research facility operated by the Department of Psychology at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Phone: (859) 622-2356
- V/TTY: (859) 622-6586
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Services Does the Clinic Offer?
- Who Provides the Services?
- Who Can Use the Clinic?
- What Are the Fees?
- Where is the Psychology Clinic Located?
The Clinic offers a wide range of outpatient psychological services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families. The Clinic also provides consultation and training to other professionals and the community.
- individual and group therapy for children, adolescents, and adults for behavioral, social, and emotional problems individual therapy for children and adolescents for school-related problems
- psychological testing for children, adolescents, and adults
- intellectual assessment
- academic assessment
- vocational assessment and counseling
- family therapy
- marital/relationship therapy
- parent training and counseling
- stress management
- grief/victim counseling
- consultation with parents and teachers regarding school-related problems assertiveness
- training smoking cessation
Services are provided by individuals working on graduate degrees in clinical or school psychology. All clinicians have received specialized graduate training and are closely supervised by licensed members of the clinical and school psychology faculty.
The Psychology Clinic is open to children, adults, and families living in the Richmond and surrounding Central and Eastern Kentucky communities, including EKU faculty and staff. There are no eligibility requirements for applying to the clinic. Because it is a training facility with a limited number of staff, the Clinic reserves the right to decide which potential clients can best be served at any given time.
Fees for therapy are set on a sliding scale from $6.00 to $40.00 for each visit. They are based on a person's income, number of dependents, and ability to pay. The Clinic does not accept insurance payments at present, but sets fees that will not be a burden to the client. Fees for assessment services are also based on a sliding scale.
The Psychology Clinic is housed in the Cammack Building, Room 5, located on the corner of University Drive and Lancaster Avenue on the EKU campus. Parking information is available from the Clinic office. Please call.