The Psychology Clinic is a training, service, and research facility operated by the Department of Psychology at Eastern Kentucky University.
Phone: (859) 622-2356
Location: Cammack Building Room 005
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Psychology Clinic?
- What Services Does the Clinic Offer?
- Who Provides the Services?
- Who Can Use the Clinic?
- What Are the Fees?
- How Do I Apply for Services at the Clinic?
- Where is the Psychology Clinic Located?
The Psychology Clinic is an outpatient behavioral health agency operated by the Department of Psychology at Eastern Kentucky University.
The Clinic offers a wide range of outpatient psychological services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families. The clinic also provides consultation and training to other professionals and the community. Services include:
- Consultation to other professionals on suicide-focused treatment, such as the Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CAMS).
- Providing evaluation and individual psychotherapy for adults with depression, anxiety, and trauma (e.g. sexual abuse, combat trauma).
- Individual and group therapy for children, adolescents and adults for behavioral, social, and emotional problems.
- Individual therapy for children and adolescents for school-related problems.
- Psychological testing for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Consultation with parents and teachers regarding school-related problems.
- Parent consultation and counseling.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder psychological evaluation, consultation, and intervention.
- Counseling and psychoeducational therapy for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders or developmental disabilities.
- Therapeutic groups for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families.
- Intellectual assessment
- Academic assessment
- Family therapy
- Marital/Relationship therapy
- Stress management
- Grief/Trauma counseling
- Counseling and psychoeducational therapy (trauma-informed, skill-based, family-centered prevention/intervention) for military and veteran families.
- Therapeutic groups for military and veteran families
Services are provided by individuals working on graduate degrees in clinical or school psychology. All clinicians have received specialized graduate training and are closely supervised by licensed members of the clinical and school psychology faculty.
The Psychology Clinic is open to children, adults, and families living in the Richmond and surrounding Central and Eastern Kentucky communities, including EKU faculty and staff. There are no eligibility requirements for applying to the clinic. Because it is a training facility with a limited number of staff, the Clinic reserves the right to decide which potential clients can best be served at any given time.
Fees for services are set on a sliding scale from $6.00 to $50.00 for each visit. They are based on a person's income, number of dependents, and ability to pay. The Clinic does not accept insurance payments, but sets fees that will not be a burden to the client. Fees for assessment services are also based on a sliding scale.
To schedule an initial appointment, call the Clinic at 859-622-2356. (Please leave a message if no answer.
The Psychology Clinic is housed in the basement of the Cammack Building, located on the corner of University Dr. and Lancaster Ave. on the EKU Campus. Parking information is available from the Clinic office.
The Psychology Clinic values client privacy. See the Clinic's private policy.